How Often Should You Wax?
Have you been curious about waxing, but afraid to give it a try? Waxing has been around for centuries. Yep, you heard us right, centuries. In fact, probably one of the earliest versions of waxing was called “sugaring” and that process dates all the back to Ancient Greece! So why do women (and men for that matter) wax? There are loads of reasons out there, but don’t take our word for it. We asked Sweet Pea Wax customers why THEY choose to wax.
Top 10 Reasons People Wax Instead of Shave
- Convenience! “I love not having to think about it. I just show up once a month and leave hair-free!”
- No Shave Bumps! “My skin always seems to get really irritated when I shave, especially my bikini area. With waxing, I never get those itchy red shave bumps and my skin feels great!”
- It lasts longer! “I feel like when I shave, I have to do it almost every day. I only wax every 4-6 weeks and since I have been doing it for long, my hair now grows in thinner. I don’t think I could ever go back.”
- No Knicks or Cuts! “One time I cut myself…on my labia. Never again.”
- “My wife asked me to. Happy wife, happy life.”
- Bikini season. “I have really dark hair. When I shave, I almost instantly still have stubble around my bikini line and legs. It makes me totally self-conscious at the pool or the beach.”
- “I just love the way it feels! I started with my eyebrows and then got brave enough to try my legs and bikini area. Now I even wax my armpits! I just love how smooth my skin feels after waxing. I’m kind of addicted to it!”
- “It saves time. I hate having to remember to shave in the morning when I am trying to remember a million other things and get my family out the door for work and school. Plus, when I go for my wax appointment, nobody can come with me! Mom time!”
- “I actually wax my chest and shoulders. What can I say? I am kind of a hairy dude. Trying to shave your shoulders is harder than it looks and the hair on my chest grows back so fast, it was like, why bother? Waxing keeps my dad bod looking fine!”
- “I can’t imagine going back to shaving. Why would you want shave when you can have someone just wax it off? I literally hate shaving. I don’t think I have shaved since I was 16 years old. I think I would be afraid to shave my lady parts now too! That could be disastrous.”
So there you have it. Ten reasons that real people prefer to wax instead of shave. If you have been afraid to try waxing, don’t be! The Sweet Pea wax studio is private, clean, comfortable and Helene will put your mind at ease with her gentle care and humor. Many Sweet Pea clients choose to wax just one or two areas, while others replace shaving completely. You will love your results! Be forewarned though, you just might get hooked on waxing after you give it a try.